Anxiety, Trauma, and Post Traumatic Stress
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety can present differently for people and children. In general anxiety may include worry about health, money, relationships, or work. Symptoms may include:
- Feeling restless, wound-up, or on-edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Having difficulty concentrating
- Being irritable
- Having headaches, muscle aches, stomachaches, or unexplained pains
- Difficulty controlling feelings of worry
- Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep
What is Trauma and what are Post Traumatic Symptoms?
Assessments for Anxiety and Trauma
GAD-7 is great for adolescents and adults
The SCARED is a great screener for children 112 and under for parents
Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress
Treatments for Anxiety and Trauma
It's important to remember that anxiety is our mind and bodies way of keeping us safe and protecting us from possible situations that may be, and that our mind thinks may be harmful to us. When children and adults are feeling insecure or unsafe we will present anxiety symptoms to try and keep us safe.