Behavioral Health Consultation at Canyon Pediatrics
What is a Behavioral Health Conultant?
Our BHC staff is made of licensed Doctorate and Masters level clinicians who work along with your pediatrician to advise and support your family. We are happy to meet with your family for a consult to see if we can help address your needs, or in some cases, help facilitate a referral to a specialty behavioral health organization that can better address your needs.
What services do you provide?
Canyon Pediatrics provides behavioral health support for patients in a variety of ways including:
- Screening and assessment for behavioral health concerns
- Care coordination activities specialty behavioral health
- Preventative, mild, and moderate treatment of some behavioral health concerns
- Medication support for ADHD. BHCs are not psychiatricsts and do not prescribe medication! Medication management and prescription will be completed with your medical provider or with referral to a speciality mental health medical professional.
- Referral to specialty behavioral health
What to expect at your consult?
Consults are brief meetings with a BHC to connect with you about the general concerns you have for your family and provide initial consultation regarding diagnosis and possible treatment options. For all children under the age of 18 a guardian must accompany the child to help provide more information about your concerns. Much of this consult will be directed to the parents and gathering informaton and history about the concerns you are presenting.
If you feel that your child or familiy is in more immediate need of services or do not feel that a consultation is needed please use our resources page to directly connect with local behavioral health services!
You do not need a referral to engage mental health services! Consults are helpful to families who have initial concerns but woud like more information about what may be happening with their child. If you already know that you woud like to engage specific behavioral health services such as psychiatry or therapy please use our resource page or contact your insurance plan for more information.